CTC would like to acknowledge the following people for their efforts in creating this website:
- Philip Pepper of Pencil and Pepper, who designed and built the graphics and structure of the site.
- Henry Russell for creating much of the content while enhancing the website and, in particular, for uploading our outreach materials into the present format.
- Andrey Kaliazin for his invaluable technical support.
- Judith Croasdell, Sam Blackburn and Jonathan Wood who provided much of the material relating to Professor Hawking, including photographs.
We would also like to thank DAMTP staff and students for their contributions and feedback to the site.
The outreach pages of the CTC have been created in response to the UK Science and Technology Research Council (STFC) drive to improve the public understanding of science and technology. The editors and authors of these pages are indicated below. We are also gratefully acknowledge permission from organisations for the free use of photographs and diagrams, listed within the photo's captions.
Please note that permission must be sought to use the material contained in these outreach pages (Copyright 2012 University of Cambridge). Comments and suggestions to the webmaster are welcome.
Editor & overall designer: Paul Shellard
Webmaster and editor: CTC Administrator
Authors of outreach material:
- Henry Russell (Glossary)
- H Andrew Chamblin & J Ashbourn (Holography)
- Kate Croudace and Marcel Schmittfull (Inflation)
- Rufus Hamade (Black Holes)
- Carlos Herdeiro (M-theory)
- Thomas Hertog (Quantum Cosmology)
- Carlos Martins (Cosmic Strings)
- Harvey Reall (Quantum Cosmology)
- Paul Shellard (Hot Big Bang, Galaxies, CMBR, Cosmic Strings & Inflation)
- Andrew Sornborger (Cosmic Strings & textures)
- John Stewart (Black Holes)
- Jiun-Huei Proty Wu (Large-Scale Structure)